Job Readiness Classes
It’s hard to imagine a world without computers. Now computers have become an integral part of our everyday lives. Knowing what a computer is and how to use one is vital to interacting with our ever changing world. There are too many people who have neglected the proper training, for one reason or another, in order to stay current with the progressing technology trend.
The Alpha Women’s Resource Center (AWRC) recognizes this need in our clients and is addressing the issue. The desire of AWRC is for the clients to have access to computer skills training. This training will help prepare them to enter the workforce with the skills they need to succeed.
The curriculum addresses questions like:
- What is a computer?
- What does an operating system do?
- What is the cloud?
- How does email work?
- How does the internet work?
- How do I become familiar with Microsoft Office tools?
The curriculum also goes beyond basic computer skills to address concerns related to job success. Some of the material covered includes:
- Understanding how to write a cover letter and prepare a résumé.
- Understanding how to prepare for an interview.
- Understanding how to manage time and goals.
- Understanding workplace etiquette and communication.
- Becoming a better listener.
- Resolving workplace conflict.
Each of these subjects and more are addressed throughout the course of this curriculum.